New Year’s Resolutions?
As I look back on 2012, I see how God had some wonderful plans for me.
- I became a Grandma for a second time, went to South Africa to see my wonderful family, and enjoyed the blessings of being with them.
- Our first book, Countdown for Couples, was released as an e-book and will be released in Spanish next month.
- Our second book, The ReMarriage Adventure, hit the shelves in September and is selling well.
- I had wonderful opportunities to write for several magazines, edit a marvelous book, serve new writers and seasoned editors as a publishing consultant, speak at conventions and retreats, and so much more.
- Though I had some health issues, none were cancer or life threatening.
- My mom turned 90, so we celebrated her with a huge party and week together.
- My husband got help for his back in the form of a neuro-stimulator.
- I’m working on my third book and love the journey of writing.
- And I grew closer to God, family, and friends throughout the year.
Yes, there are a few unanswered questions, physical challenges, family stresses, and such, but I know that He’s got all that figured out too. His plans are good, and they are for my best. His plans for you are good, too!
As I look ahead to 2013, I do have plans, resolutions, hopes, and dreams. And as I align them with God’s plans for me—to grow closer to Him and to love and serve others—they will succeed.
What are my New Year’s Resolutions? More…Peace. Love. Integrity. Joy. Kindness. Patience. Goodness. Wisdom. These are the resolutions that really matter for eternity. So this year, I’m going to let God set my resolutions.
What about you? What are your resolutions for the New Year? I’d love to know.
Susan is co-author of The ReMarriage Adventure: Preparing for a Lifetime of Love & Happiness and Countdown for Couples: Preparing for the Adventure of Marriage. Copyright © 2012, all rights reserved. Visit www.SusanGMathis.com for more.
Follow me on social media!