When I was a kid, my mom got together with three other moms who had kids my age who were born on April 4. The four moms decided to throw a birthday party together. The problem was, I was the only girl! Three boys and I sharing one birthday party? Are you kidding me?
As you might guess, the boys had a blast, but I was left out in the cold. Cowboys and Indians, scalping the squaw, and chasing each other through mud puddles was not my idea of a Happy Birthday!
Birthdays can be lots of fun, or they can be a great big disappointment. There can be expectations that aren’t met and sometimes they are even exceeded. But whatever the case might be, birthdays are a special time to look back on our lives and see what God has done in the past and look forward to the future.
So, in honor of everyone who was born on April 4th, here’s some fun trivia I thought you might enjoy.
- April 4, 1841 President Harrison ends the briefest term in U.S. history when he dies in office.
- April 4, 1895 Arthur Murray, the ballroom dancer, was born.
- April 4, 1949 NATO was formed.
- April 4, 19XX Susan G Mathis was born. Smiles. As a birthday gift, my mom could have bought me a Shetland pony or a Great Dane out of the Montgomery Ward catalog! (She didn’t, but it’s a fun thought anyway.)
- April 4, 1968 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was assassinated.
Hope you enjoyed this bit of trivia with me. It’s sure better than a scapling!
Follow me on social media!